Search the web
Search the US~Observer

The 9/12 Project Resolution
image facebook twitter imageShare This Article

We are submitting resolutions through our organization for passage that if adopted by the entirety of the United States, our country would be in a much better place.

RESOLUTION

Subject: Oppose Passage of United States Senate Bill S.1867 - Entitled "National Defense Authorization Act"

Whereas: On December 1, 2011, the U.S. Senate passed S.1867 by a vote of 93-7.

Whereas: Prior to the passage of S. 1867, a provision was written by Senators John McCain and Carl Levin. The added sections, Sec. 1031 and Sec. 1032, allow the current president and future presidents to order the military to arrest and detain American citizens on suspicion of being terrorists or helping terrorists. They can be locked up and sent to Guantanamo Bay without the U.S. Constitutional right to due process of a speedy trial by an impartial jury.

Whereas: The new classification of being a terrorist or helping one, is defined as those who have the following:

1. More than seven days of food stored in their home.

2. Weapons such as guns.

3. Ammunition that is water proof.

4. The ability to protect themselves against losing their liberty and property.

Whereas: When unconstitutional power is given to the President of the United States, a person must remember that the president is Commander and Chief of the Army, Navy, and Militia of the United States. This bill, S. 1867 is making an end run around the Habeas Corpus law. If you do not have the protection of this law, the very same U.S. Senators and House of Representatives can be arrested and detained by the very same laws they are trying to adopt against the citizens of the United States. We must keep in mind that during the American Civil War, the right of Habeas Corpus was suspended, and President Lincoln had the military arrest and detain U.S. Senators and House of Representatives when they disagreed with him and his policies.

Therefore be it resolved: The Cave Junction, Oregon Chapter of the 9.12 Project who are members of the Tea Party, oppose the passage of Senate Bill S. 1867 for its violation of the Constitution, Article 1, Section 9-2, The Writ of Habeas Corpus, Article 6, Section 2, Supreme Law of the Land, and Bill of Rights, Numbers 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 and 10 pertaining to Freedom of Speech, The Right to Keep and Bear Arms, Due Process of Law, Speedy Trial by an Impartial Jury; and in addition, the violation of the Posse Comitatus Act which states that military forces cannot be used against the State Governments and the American Citizens. We request that the House of Representatives reject Senate Bill S. 1867; and if they do not reject it, we request the Supreme Court, by using Judicial Review, reject their unconstitutional law.

Be it further resolved: We want to thank United States Senators, Jeff Merkley, Ron Wyden, Bernie Sanders, Rand Paul, Mike Lee, Tom Harkin, and Tom Coburn of voting against S. 1867 and for upholding their oath of office by trying to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

This resolution adopted by the 9.12 Project Members of the Tea Party at its regular meeting held on December, 28, 2011.

The 9-12 mission is to inspire individuals and groups to connect with their communities through education, service and dedication to the 9 Principles and 12 Values to which we have committed.

The 9 Principles

1. America Is Good.

2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.
God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.

3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.
Honesty “I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider to be the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.” George Washington

4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
Marriage/Family “It is in the love of one’s family only that heartfelt happiness is known. By a law of our nature, we cannot be happy without the endearing connections of a family.” ~Thomas Jefferson

5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
Justice “I deem one of the essential principles of our government… equal and exact justice to all men of whatever state or persuasion, religious or political.” ~Thomas Jefferson

6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
Life, Liberty, & The Pursuit of Happiness “Everyone has a natural right to choose that vocation in life which he thinks most likely to give him comfortable subsistence.” ~Thomas Jefferson

7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
Charity “It is not everyone who asketh that deserveth charity; all however, are worth of the inquiry or the deserving may suffer.” ~George Washington

8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
On your right to disagree “In a free and republican government, you cannot restrain the voice of the multitude; every man will speak as he thinks, or more properly without thinking.” ~George Washington

9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.
Who works for whom? “I consider the people who constitute a society or a nation as the source of all authority in that nation.” ~Thomas Jefferson

The 12 Values

Honesty; Reverence; Hope; Thrift; Humility; Charity; Sincerity; Moderation; Hard Work; Courage; Personal Responsibility; Gratitude.

Subscribe to the US~Observer News Flash Alerts!

Subscribe Unsubscribe

The US~Observer believes in our country, our constitution, and the public right to adequate representation.

The US~Observer is
designed to keep the
innocent free, the public
informed, and our form
of government controlled
by the people.

We survive, in part, by gracious donations. They may be sent to:

US~Observer
233 Rogue River Hwy. PMB 387
Grants Pass, OR 97527-5429

or you can click here:

Get a subscription
to US~Observer
delivered right to
your mailbox via
first-class mail!

Click Here for more
information

Home Contact Us

© 2012, US~Observer. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy