August 2006

Demanding Accountability

Google

US~Observer

Subscribe to the US~Observer News Flash Alerts!

Subscribe Unsubscribe

Get a subscription
to US~Observer delivered right to
your mailbox via
first-class mail!

Click Here for more information

Thank you, US~Observer

Editor;

Thank you so much for taking the time to make the calls. As you know my husband and I fought ridiculous zoning restrictions here in Florida for the past 6 years. Our retirement was tied up in our property and without being able to use it as planned our future looked pretty dim.

When Mr. Snook made his inquires things began to change and suddenly officials listened. Everything has changed and we have started to build our commercial rentals. Enclosed is our contribution to your publication and a subscription to the paper.

Thanks again so much.

Bill and Shelly Watson
Fort Lauderdale, Florida

False Federal Indictment

Dear US Observer,

I received an email alert yesterday on the Deer Creek Ranch. The article was quite informative and when I read that Sam Fung had been indicted I was shocked!

My partner and I had a commercial business deal with Sam years ago in the Bay area. The transaction became convoluted and Sam had to spend many hours straightening things out, hours that weren’t calculated in his commission deal with us. Sam had the opportunity to enhance his commission, but never did so.

Now let’s get to Sam’s real honesty and integrity. One of the entities involved in the transaction had actually gained a $170,000.00 advantage dishonestly. We didn’t catch the deception and our attorney gave his stamp of approval without noticing it. At the last minute before closing we received a call from Sam Fung informing us that we were being cheated. We called our attorney and went over Sam’s information and found we were indeed being fleeced out of a substantial amount, a bit more than Sam came up with. Sam was within a few short hours of obtaining a very large commission and he didn’t have any obligation to examine the final figures, but he did.

Needless to say we backed out of the deal and Sam never got a commission. This is very important in light of Sam’s situation at the time. You see Sam was just getting established in commercial real estate and this deal in which he had invested probably 50-60 hours of hard work went right down the drain. Sam never complained and this example of honesty is more than rare, it is unheard of. Sam knew ahead of time that by coming forward he would most likely lose much. Very few people would have shown the integrity that Sam did. Sam was out of the deal and had no liability. Sam wasn’t responsible for the figures because our own attorney had worked them out with the other parties involved.

It would be impossible for Sam to knowingly be involved in any business that he believed to be dishonest because Sam’s character would not allow it. Thanks for what you did for us Sam and thanks to you US Observer for publishing the truth about Sam Fung.

Sincerely,

Velma Hutchins
Los Angeles, CA

Calling People of Courage

To the Editor,

In 2005, the operator of a small diner in Sunny Valley changed it to a sleazy strip club. Some valiant citizens in that community protested that he did so in violation of county and state laws. They begged for help from the authorities and the citizens of Josephine County to protect their community from that type of business. No help was received. The protestors were repeatedly harassed and assaulted by numerous patrons of the strip club. For weeks, the strip club operator threatened the protestors with lawsuits if they did not stop protesting. Eventually, some of the protestors were named in lawsuits in 2 counties.

Nevertheless, people of courage from Sunny Valley continued to protest despite this brazen attempt to strip them of their Constitutional Rights to freedom of speech and freedom of assembly in a public place. Now, the purveyor of flesh has shown that he intends to establish a club in downtown Grants Pass. The place is not even open and it is already disrupting life in Grants Pass. Are there any people of courage in Grants Pass? Time will tell.

Ron Glynn
Wolf Creek, Oregon

Strip Joint in Action

Dear Editor,

I have been following the exploits of Larry Lacey, the strip joint operator in Sunny Valley, for almost 2 years now, and all I can say is "Wow". It seem like he has an inside track on how to manipulate and break the laws of Josephine County and get away with it. He started his infamous career by remodeling and rewiring his strip joint in Sunny Valley without a permit and to this day has gotten away with it. He doesn't seem to care one bit. He was told by the county fire marshal to put in fire protection there and hasn't yet done so. He doesn't seem to care about that either. According to the county building department, he has several more violations to his credit but will not make them good. This has been going since he opened the place in Sunny Valley, and our county agencies either cannot or will not do anything. As a home owner I am expected to comply with all building regulations, submit plans and pay for inspections, which I have done. I now feel like a fool for doing this. If I had known how easy it was to just do my remodel without a permit and inspection I would have done so.

Mr. Lacey is now in Grants Pass remodeling a historic old building in the heart of town. He has been shut down by the city inspectors for several violations of the building code and for making the building unsafe for human occupancy. Does this tell you something about his remodeling skills that he used in Sunny Valley? It seems the city has much better enforcement of the building codes than the county. If the county would have done their job, the city of Grants Pass would not have to spend the time, manpower and money making Mr. Lacey do the right thing. I don't know what kind of business he is going to open in Grants Pass but the one he has opened in Sunny Valley is certainly bringing some unsavory people into our community and creating havoc with his frivolous lawsuits against the protesters. I certainly hope that Grants Pass with their building inspectors and good police force has better luck in controlling his illegal doings than did Sunny Valley under the county building dept. and the sheriff's dept.

Irate citizen
of Sunny Valley

Sign-up for our free e-mail News Flash Alerts!

Subscribe Me!

The US~Observer believes in our country, our constitution, and the public right to adequate representation.

The US~Observer is
designed to keep the
innocent free, the public
informed, and our form
of government controlled
by the people.

We survive, in part, by gracious donations. They may be sent to:

US~Observer
233 Rogue River Hwy. PMB 387
Grants Pass, OR 97527-5429

or you can click here:

© 2005, US~Observer. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy